Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Savory Desserts

As I previously mentioned, I'm working my way through a new cookbook Molly got me for Christmas. It's called Baked Explorations and features some inventive dessert recipes from two chaps in New York. There's also a chapter on breakfast items and some valuable information about the basics of baking, which is more of a science than the whimsical art of cooking.

Rosemary Apricot Bars


Recently I made Rosemary Apricot Bars, which the author describes as his go-to non-chocolate dessert item. And after making them, and tasting them, I can see why. The base is a buttery rosemary shortbread--savory, crisp, delicious, but not heavy. And on top of it you add this adult apricot spread (with brandy, sugar, and honey) and a pecan crumb topping. Are you salivating yet? Needless to say, the bars are a bit of work, but more time consuming than difficult as they're made and baked in stages. Pick up the book to make your own!
_______________
Eric
Eric Lovelin Photography

  

No comments:

Post a Comment