Flash Required to view this area.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

En Fuego

Many of the tulips I recently photographed were vivid in color, and when captured or viewed as part of a large field of flowers appeared to me as magical little color blocks. Both individually and collectively these flowers were mesmerizing to behold. But while I walked through the flowers I was immediately struck by the tulip below. Its petals were not the typical shape or style of the tulips I know - instead, they reminded me of Tippy's and Sam's Fortune Teller Miracle Fish with individual petals that curled and warped all the way to their tips. Combine this with their deep red and yellow color and the flower appeared as flames in a fire.

Here is a close look at the flower.
Fiery Petals


And a wider view of the entire flower.
Tulip Flames


____________________
Eric
Eric Lovelin Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment