Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, June 6, 2011

A Little Black, A Little White

It's another gloomy day here in Northern California. Not much time to shoot outside, and certainly couldn't anyway because the weather has not cooperated at all. Nevertheless, it seems as if this may be our last stormy day for some time. Fingers crossed. I have more photos from my letterpress studio shoot and also some fun images from around Chico, but I felt compelled to post this image from our yard.



It's the underside of a dogwood tree and I love the ways in which the black and white image brings to life the underlying branch structure. It's an image that emphasizes the support, not the flower. And as I stare out the window at the gray skies above a lush green landscape, I just needed to post an image in shades of gray.

_______________
Eric
Eric Lovelin Photography

  

No comments:

Post a Comment