Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Mundane

On our recent trip to the Pittock Mansion in Portland, Oregon, I found myself mostly capturing photographs of the mundane. Everyday objects were what really interested me, and I think that was mostly because they were much more unusual in a historic mansion than in my own house. My guess is that most of us probably don't care one way or another about home fixtures and details, just like Vince Vaughn's character in Couples Retreat didn't give a hoot about picking out tile.

Nevertheless, I loved the following shower fixture and I think I can tell you why. Not only did it make a great black and white photograph with the contrast of old metallic pipes against clean white tile, but this fixture happens to have a shampoo dispenser. Genius right? They were way ahead of their time. A different shower fixture in the house had a release nozzle so you could test the water temperature on your feet before turning on the shower to avoid that dreaded shower shock. I think my shower fixture would be jealous.

In the Shower

_______________
Eric
Eric Lovelin Photography

  

No comments:

Post a Comment