Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Subtraction

Last week I shared with all of you my captures of the Rose Festival Waterfront Village ferris wheel in living color. Not only were the shots vibrant against the black background, but they captured the motion of the spinning wheel frozen in time. I have to tell you that Molly and I rode the ferris wheel on Saturday and it was even more fun that photographing it, which was my expectation.

Today I'm sharing with you some black and white shots of the ferris wheel, where all color has been subtracted. I love the first photo because the motion of the wheel adds texture in front of the silhouette of trees downtown against the setting sun. The second photo recreates some of the geometric patterns we saw in color last week, without the color. Let me know which you like!

Textured Motion Against the Sky

Geometry in Black and White

____________________
Eric
Eric Lovelin Photography

1 comment:

  1. I like how the wheel "pixelates" the trees in the first photo. Nice!

    ReplyDelete