Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lazy in Spring

When you think of cheetahs, perhaps your first thought shoots straight to speed. In fact, the cheetah is the fastest mammal on land, capable of bursts up to 70 mph. But several things I did not know about cheetahs include that they can live in Iran in addition to their traditional African habitats and that, in the 16th century, emperors and other royalty hunted gazelles using trained cheetahs!

Casual Cheetah


When I was recently at the Oregon Zoo, I saw no such death, destruction, nor speed. Instead, I saw a male cheetah named Suseli lazily enjoying the sunny Spring afternoon. And with a break from the rain, warmer temperatures, and an abundance of sunshine, I can't say I blame him. It was a great day to be outside and Suseli looks so comfortable here tucked in by a big rock watching zoo visitors watching him.

____________________
Eric
Eric Lovelin Photography

2 comments: