Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Away Vampires

Is it silly that the sight of fresh spring garlic at the Farmers Market brings me such joy? I absolutely love the flavor of garlic and would ask for it in almost all my foods, if I could tolerate it. (Think chocolate with garlic - not for me probably). In terms of health, it's also great for you: anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties along with vitamins B6 and C and the potential to help lower cholesterol, regulate the body's production of fat cells, and ward off cancer. Someone get this garlic a cape!



In our food, I'd say we add garlic to just about everything. It helps keep the vampires at bay. But one thing I've always wanted to do and just have never gotten around to is roasting garlic on the grill. They say it's easy--just chop off a little bit of the head of garlic, drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil, and heat for about a half hour. Then you just eat it with a fork straight out of the skin. The garlic is sweet but still savory, the best of both worlds. Maybe I'll pick some fresh garlic up tomorrow at the Thursday market and give it a go!



_______________
Eric
Eric Lovelin Photography

  

No comments:

Post a Comment