Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Well Halloween has finally arrived! I'm looking forward to seeing how many young ones visit our home tonight to partake of the 150 pieces of candy I purchased, though our neighbor assures me she's never had one trick-or-treater in the seventeen years she's lived next door. I suppose I could always take the leftovers to work to re-distribute that chocolate wealth.

While we were out this past weekend in Seattle Center to see Carmen at the Seattle Opera, we witnessed plenty of provocative costumes, but not many inventive ones. I'm not ashamed to say that we've decided to dress Drifter in costume again this Halloween and that our choice is not only inventive but cute.



When we were living in Chico, Drifter loved to bolt from the back porch across the yard. At the base of his favorite tree, he would stand and aggressively (but also playfully) bark at the squirrels who would run around high above him and chirp. Their noises sounded like laughing, and it was clear they were taunting him.

   


So when it came time to dress Drifter at Halloween, it seemed gloriously ironic to put him in a squirrel costume. He didn't really understand the costume or the humor behind our choice, but I'm glad we purchased it anyway!

_______________
Eric
Eric Lovelin Photography

  

No comments:

Post a Comment