Flash Required to view this area.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Hot Town...

"Hot town, summer in the city... All around, people looking half dead. Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head."

So go the lyrics to The Lovin' Spoonful's hit Summer in the City, which I have to admit first pops into my head whenever I think of summer. I think there must be greater theme songs for this season, but I always associate summer with heat and that opening line is just such a concise description of the time. Having grown up in Portland, where an average summer warm day is in the 80s, Chico can be and at times has been an adjustment. But it's usually only in the upper 80s and 90s and, with a bit of due diligence, one can avoid the triple digit temperatures by staying cool indoors.



Having a pool in the backyard for a quick cooling dip also helps a great deal. And when the temperatures aren't scorching, I can't think of a better place to sit and relax than in an adirondack chair near the water with a cold beverage and good book!

_______________
Eric
Eric Lovelin Photography

  

No comments:

Post a Comment