Flash Required to view this area.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

National Beauty

On Labor Day, we took a trip north to Lassen Volcanic National Park. Theodore Roosevelt had the right idea in 1907 when he set aside this impressive land as he Cinder Cone and Lassen Peak National Monuments. I didn't capture a ton of photos while in Lassen because we were busy taking in nature and watching the dogs run (see my post from yesterday). I did see enough to be impressed by green and blue lakes, tall peaks, impressive drops and cliffs, wind-swept trees, and sulfur caves. It was almost too much natural variety in one location.

Though the photo cannot possibly convey this, it was so stinky.

Sulfur Caves


At Kings Meadow, these plants were pervasive and reminded me of climbing flames.

Fiery Plant


For me, this photograph captures a quiet moment in nature where the plants and flowers lean down to greet the flowing creek water.

Dropping to the Water


And I love nature's bridge across the creek at Kings Meadow. It had to be in black and white.

Creek Crossing

____________________
Eric
Eric Lovelin Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment