Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Love on Display

I recently had the pleasure of attending the wedding of two friends from college in the gorgeous city of San Francisco. It was a stunning event and I loved attending with Molly to see tons of old friends from college and share in the revelry and festivities. The wedding featured far too much excitement to pack into these blog entries, but I want to include the highlights over the next several blog entries. You'll hear about the wedding and also about the fantastic weekend that I shared with my love.

I want to reflect on the wedding first by talking about the bride and groom and sharing my photos of them with you! Danielle and Dan wed at the Greek Orthodox Church in San Francisco on Saturday, September 4, 2010. The reception was held at the Olympic Club near the ocean. I first met Dan our freshman year at Whitman College, where we began the journey of taking Spanish together for a full two years, while I learned of Danielle from Molly, who was her resident assistant Danielle's first semester in college. We each have our own memories of this happy couple from college, but I was happy to see them exchange vows last weekend and then invite us to the party of the year. After their own excursion for photos after the ceremony, the wedding party--which was sizable--made an entrance at cocktail hour, after which we witnessed the first dances.

I love a great first dance for a wedded couple. To me, it always feels like love on display. If the wedding ceremony is formal, scripted, and prepared, the first dance feels like its antithesis, a chance to witness a casual and loving relationship without walls and pretense. I think you'll see this in the photos below, where Danielle and Dan seem more in love with each other than ever before.

Happiness, on the Dance Floor


Congratulations to you two!

We're Married!


Husband and Wife          A Peck

____________________
Eric
Eric Lovelin Photography

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful couple! and of course as always, beautiful photography :)

    ReplyDelete