Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Vision

Sometimes when you see something to photograph, you have a vision of how you will post-process the photo and perhaps even what it might look like finished and hanging on the wall. That's exactly the case with the following photograph. As Molly and I walked through Seattle's Gasworks Park, I looked up toward the sun at these metal towers that once served a functional purpose, no doubt. I snapped a shot and said to Molly, "I'll bet that's going to look great in black and white." I knew at that time that keeping the photo in color was going to make it less compelling because of some of the harsh shadows and contrast created by the mid-day sun.

Nevertheless, when I began to process these photos, I immediately began to convert this to black and white using Nik's Silver Efex Pro. I started with a cyanotype conversion and then layered a traditional black and white over the top of that. I love the result, seen below.


Gray Towers


And since I saw it through to a finalized version, I would love this framed with a white mat and silver metal frame.


____________________
Eric
Eric Lovelin Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment