Flash Required to view this area.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Welcome to October

Having moved from Madison to Chico, I still am not quite sure what fall will bring. I have heard it will amount to months of falling leaves. I most look forward to fall lasting more than three or four days. Temperatures have begun to fall here--several recent days with highs only in the upper 70s and a promised high of just 83 today. I actually reached for and put on a long-sleeve shirt to go to work today! One great thing about a more temperate climate is the ability to stay outdoors for a much longer period of time. The Saturday Farmers' Market continues year round and the city of Chico has many more events planned outside in coming weekends.

Last weekend, when it was still triple digits, Molly and I walked down to check out Chico's version of the Italian Palio from Sienna. Though no real horses race, the community comes together to celebrate Chico's neighborhoods, create horses to race on foot, and flags to parade before the run. Though I didn't capture a great photo of the race, I loved watching the kids get prepared to see the race.


Race Preparation  Race Fan

I loved this skeletal horse in full regalia!

Skeletal

Stay tuned tomorrow for some photos of Chico's out-of-this-world fall harvest offerings. The market is just getting more amazing and colorful by the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment