Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Being a Tourist

Sometimes when one visits a city, it is important to play it cool, fulfill one's obligations, re-pack and head home. When I recently traveled to San Francisco, this meant I wanted to see certain friends, attend another friend's wedding in Berkeley, and then head out of town for a relaxing week in Chico. At the same time, it was important for Molly and me to play tourist and see the city as millions do every year. On our first full day in the Bay Area, we browsed the San Francisco Zoo (more on that later). And Day 2 brought us miles of walking and riding around downtown.

San Francisco is a vibrant city - dog walkers, business persons, tourists snapping shots, and fast buses and cars criss-crossing town. But if one slows down, there are treasures throughout to be found. I absolutely loved the quirky sculpture below, near the gate to Chinatown.

Speak, See, Hear - Monkey Style



Also, while waiting to cross the street, I noticed this gem.

Urban Message



We even went so far to ride the San Francisco Railway Cable Car. Few things signal this city more than the cable cars, rivaled only by the Golden Gate Bridge in my opinion. It was enjoyable, thrilling even, and a great way to get from downtown to Fisherman's Wharf.

Clear Trolley Instructions
Iconic
Wise Words


I'll leave you with two of my favorite captures from downtown San Francisco. The first is a tribute to my love for unique architecture in urban settings, and the latter a close snap of some of nature's finest near Fisherman's Wharf. Stay tuned for additional posts from our trip!

Wavy


Fisherman's Flowers


Thanks!

Eric

Eric Lovelin {Photography} Logo.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment