Flash Required to view this area.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Snacking, Farmers Market Style

It's been a busy couple days here. I have been editing photos, snapping more shots, and even celebrating my birthday yesterday. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I have an upcoming post about the beautiful Fall bounty of fruit at the Chico Certified Farmers Market, but I want to share one of my new favorite snacks with you today. Winter is tough on the hips and thighs - people eat "comfort food," which usually means calories, butter, fat, butter, cream, and overall heaviness.

While I won't particularly discount that food during winter (it feels so good when it hits the lips), I will argue that it's possible to stay healthy during the cold season. Focus on soups and stews made with broth, warm cooked vegetables seasoned with something other than butter, and smart snacks, like these dried apple slices from Frank and Sally at Green Cedar Farm. They're soooo good and arguably better for you than candy bars and Oreos.




____________________
Eric
Eric Lovelin Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment