Flash Required to view this area.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Did you give thanks?

Well yesterday was Thanksgiving, that big old Turkey Day, and usually a day for feasting and football and family. But I also noticed a good deal of my friends on Facebook giving thanks. I did the same during Thanksgiving Dinner with the Lindahls (more on that to come), but I also wanted to give thanks here on my blog, for the photographic opportunities I have, and for each of you that reads these words and looks at my images. Thank you.

One of the things I am most thankful for is Molly. She loves me through all my quirkiness and oddities and recently planned the most wonderful birthday for me. We both had arranged to have the day off from the store and Molly wanted to take me some place fun with lots of opportunities for me to take photos. I love that she loves me enough to think of that for my birthday.

Well we set off to Turtle Bay Museum and the Sundial Bridge in Redding, a short hop north of Chico. I'll tell you more another time about our adventures at Turtle Bay, but I want to share some pictures with you of this dramatic bridge. The park near the bridge wass wonderful, full of people riding bicycles, families walking dogs, and a few elderly ladies and gentlemen enjoying the crisp Autumn day. And the bridge - man that thing is awesome. I would have never conceived of a suspension foot bridge with one tower leaning back at a ridiculous angle. It's really something to see, especially when lit from beneath at night.

Bridging in Style


While the bridge was fun to capture in its entirety (which was sometimes hard to frame because of my less than wide angle lens), the greatest fun for me was capturing its details, the hard metallic accents and the sharp angles against the mid-day sky.

Geometric Shadows


Here's a final look at that curve. I'm thankful Molly wanted to share this bridge and the experience of photographing it with me on my birthday. Love you.

Dramatic Curve


____________________
Eric
Eric Lovelin Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment