Flash Required to view this area.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thirsty Thursdays!

Thursday has finally arrived! While most choose to celebrate the arrival of Friday, anyone who has been to college knows that real celebrations begin on Thursday. Now that I'm no longer in college, my version of Thirsty Thursday is the Chico Thursday Farmers Market. Does that make me old? I think not.

The Thursday Farmers Market is an early celebration of sorts, a chance to grab fresh and delicious produce two days before the bigger Chico Certified Farmers Market on Saturday mornings. Fresh corn and cherry tomatoes seem to be big sellers here in the North State.

Green & Piled HighFresh Cherries (or Cherry Tomatoes!)

Don't forget about the wide variety of fresh flowers either. I mostly enjoy them for their photo ops.

Full Basket


While the above offerings are certainly attractive, locals, especially natives my age, will tell you the real reason to check out the Thursday Farmers Market is to see and be seen, to eat delicious food from stands and carts, and to be out downtown before bars really get hopping. There certainly is a social buzz in the air on Thursday nights in downtown Chico: tweens finally let out to play, teenagers too cool to be seen with their parents, twenty-somethings dressed to impress, and adults procuring fresh goods for weekend meals.

Hipster DecisionsAvant Garde Style
Hipster Tweens and Retro Adults!

So we'll have to see how the Thursday market shapes up for me tonight. Mostly I'm looking for fresh strawberries, but I'll take whatever comes my way. Oh, and I'll be there with my camera of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment